Friday, March 18, 2011

Mo's

LOCATION –
Mo’s is located at 4301 Riverside Drive in Burbank, right across the street from Bob’s Big Boy. I had heard about how this place is known for it’s burgers and they even had a burger bar. This sounded like the place for me.

ON THE MENU –
They had about 25 burgers on the menu (including a peanut butter and sour plum jam burger, creamed horseradish and bacon burger and a marinara, mozzarella and parmesan burger). I was overwhelmed so I asked the waiter to bring out their most popular burger. I was served the Menage a Trois.

Apparently a Menage-a-Trois burger is an average wheat bun, a small angus patty, 4 strips
bacon, Swiss Cheese and about a quarter of an avocado.
All other condiments are self-serve located at Mo’s Famous Burger Bar. Why they figured leaving out condiments over ice is more appetizing than serving them fresh on your plate, beats me. Honestly I was excited about Burger Bar...who wouldn't be, but finding out that it was day old condiments instead of meat and beer, left me unsatisfied.

After all that work of collecting my own toppings, I was hungry, so I took a big bite and…… blandness. The overcooked patty mixed with the huge wheat bun was super dry. I needed a swig of beer to get it down. However the cheese and bacon were good (when are they not?)

ON DRAFT –
They had about 4 taps and bottles of your average beer like Bud and Coors, but Mo’s actually had it’s own draft, so I got a little excited. Luckily they let me have a sample before I ordered a pint. Let’s just say I ended up ordering a Sam Adams on draft.

ON THE SIDE –
They had 4 sides, coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad, and something that looked like a corn salsa. Like the condiments, they were located at the burger bar, sitting out all day in bowls over ice. My advice, skip the sides at the burger bar and order the onion rings. Although served late, I have to say, they were awesome. The rings were classic style and no beer batter was involved.

TIP –
The only reason to go here is for some onion rings.

SUMMARY –
This 12 dollar burger was overcooked and bland. The sides were inedible, the drink menu was unimpressive and the service was bad. I still can’t believe the onion rings were good...maybe I was just hungry.

RATING – 1 out of 10

Check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment